Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers Post a question for other knowledgeable forum members here. Any hair loss sufferers with good advice are also encouraged to respond.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 06-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

HI again guys...m now 6 days post n things r lookin pretty good..as per planned...i just went n got myself a small mirror to inspect my donor area n my bak...alls lookin good..BUT on my right side on the tip of the donor area whr the slit was made..thr seems to b a lil bump just whr the stitches start..i mean the skin on the scalp r pulled together n thr seems to b a lil bump thr right at the start of the donor area n the right seems lil more prominent thn the left..

m really worried n dnt knw if this is normal..pls advice guys!! lemme knw wt ya think..

thxs Don

1.25 finasteride daily
  #2   Top  
Old 06-13-2007, 06:24 PM

HI again guys...m now 6 days post n things r lookin pretty good..as per planned...i just went n got myself a small mirror to inspect my donor area n my bak...alls lookin good..BUT on my right side on the tip of the donor area whr the slit was made..thr seems to b a lil bump just whr the stitches start..i mean the skin on the scalp r pulled together n thr seems to b a lil bump thr right at the start of the donor area n the right seems lil more prominent thn the left..

m really worried n dnt knw if this is normal..pls advice guys!! lemme knw wt ya think..

thxs Don

1.25 finasteride daily
  #3   Top  
Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator
Follicular Genie

don,

It's difficult to tell bro. It could just be a scab that formed. It could also be some minor irritation from the stitches. Try not to scratch or rub it too much. Try using Aloe or something on it as well.

6 days post op is clearly too early to tell anything. But you might want to run your concern by your doctor to see what he says.

Feel free also to post some pictures. It's most likely nothing...but better safe than sorry.

Cheers,

Bill

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.
  #4   Top  
Old 06-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

Don Brasco,

I had the exact same thing. I am now past the two month mark and the bump has gone away. It is nothing to worry about. I put neosporin on the entire area where the stiches are to keep it clean and free of infection. The small bump started where the stiches start. It is an irritation from the stiches. At first I was a bit concerned about it but it eventually goes away as you move through the healing process.

DR. RAHAL - 4/4/07
3489 grafts - 7571 hairs
455 single hairs
1986 double hairs
1048 three hairs

#5   Top  
Old 06-14-2007, 06:24 AM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Don,

I had a bump like that which reoccurred for the first 2 months while the donor scar healed. I assumed it was a mild infection..........each time it surfaced it would be gone in a few days. Give it a little time and if it hangs around call your Doc. Probably nothing to be concerned with.

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's
2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong
3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.
  #6   Top  
Old 06-15-2007, 12:23 PM

Hi guys,

Thxs for the post..m currently on the day 8th mark but still hve the scabs on like hairfree was on day 6th.

i dnt knw if its just phsycology or nt but i do feel a lil nausea or hve a mild headache of that sort..did u guys feel the same too?? or is it because the numbness is wearin way slowly that makes u feel the slight pain around the donor area??

and whn does the numbess wear away totally??

thxs
don

1.25 finasteride daily
  #7   Top  
Old 06-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

The bump: most likely a little lumpy fold in the skin where the incision first comes together; I had one also on both sides for a few weeks but it went away.

My donor area was sore for weeks, be patient. The numbness and slight pain may last for a while. I am 3 months post op and still have an ouchy area in the back. Also, the donor incision just stopped being tender a couple of weeks ago.
  #8   Top  
Old 10-12-2017, 02:29 PM

Question

Old thread, but only one I could find about this topic.... I've had the same kind of bump on the right side of my head where the suture line ends right above my right ear. Now it's kind of stuck under the hair growing around it. It's been there for almost a month now... Anything to worry about, or just continue to leave it alone? I had to put ointment on it this past weekend cuz I thought it was coming off, but it's not completely healed yet. It wasn't bleeding or pussing or anything, & it doesn't hurt or feel tender when I press on it, it's just there & really scabby looking. I can't even take a pic of it, it's too dark. And the clinic I had the procedure done is a few hours away... So I can't just stop by there.