Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients Feel free to post your hair transplant photos here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61   Top  
Old 08-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Congratulations on the great result!

Keep us posted, and best of luck with everything progressing.

http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
  #62   Top  
Old 08-07-2017, 12:15 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Outstanding result so far and you know it's still going to get better as the new hair matures. You must be over the moon with your decision to go get the 2nd pass.
  #63   Top  
Old 08-07-2017, 02:07 AM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav23100gunther View Post
Outstanding result so far and you know it's still going to get better as the new hair matures. You must be over the moon with your decision to go get the 2nd pass.
Yo Mav!

Yes, I really really am pleased that I went and got round two done. Just brushing / sliding my palm up along my forehead and into the hairline, I can feel a lot more hair packed in there.

And being that it's only just over 4 months, those "new hairs" are only about a quarter-inch to half-inch long right now.

"Rev333" on this forum was helpful in explaining to me via PM that the hair restoration process is just that: a process. So, one and done isn't really to be expected. I understand what he means/meant now. So, if you're reading this @rev333, thank you.

I'll also keep you and your advice in mind when/if I ever need to get my mid-scalp done.

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17
http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT
---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999
  #64   Top  
Old 08-07-2017, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasthoerer View Post
Ok, I went to your first thread as well. Nice coverage of all stages (the ups and downs).

What I found the most impressive:
- It looked so natural after the first procedure
- Now it looks fuller but before it was just as natural (men in his 40s with very mild loss vs. men with no loss).

How comes? Is this skill of the surgeon or your fine hair with the right color. Especially very dark, thick hair (like main) gives great coverage but appears always "artheficial" when slicked back.

If I would look as natural as you, I would pull the trigger immediately.
Well, I can only speak of how things are/went according to my experience -- i.e., my hair type, my surgeon, my age, my hair color....

Round one was very natural for a few reasons (in my opinion):

1. I chose Dr. Rahal and I chose FUT, in an area of the head that he is one of the best (if not the best) in the world -- my frontal third.

2. I have FINE hair caliber, which gives a subtle, refined, delicate, non-harsh, non-abrupt look at the hairline.

3. My hair is salt 'n pepper color, which goes well with my fair/medium skin tone.

EVEN when I had it dyed black however, it looked very natural at the hairline -- so, throwing out #3 above, you have (#2 above) my fine hair caliber, plus (#1) Rahal's unrivaled artistry with 1 hair FU's in the hairline, and 2 hair FU's just behind the hairline.

It doesn't hurt that I'm 42, able to "afford 4000+ grafts upfront" from a follicle availability standpoint, that I'm on finasteride, and that I was gifted intact temple points.

- Hope this helps answer your Q's @gasthoerer

#65   Top  
Old 08-07-2017, 06:35 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Great result mate! U commented in my thread that you thought mine was the best result you've seen, well right back at you! Very impressive
  #66   Top  
Old 08-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Mate in the words of the youngster's these days "that is sick". Considering where you were and where you are now, i'm speechless.

I have to admit i am using your result (i shouldn't even call it a result as you still have a lot of growing and maturing to go yet!) to convince others that they should consider a HT. Everyone i have shown is blown away by your result. One girls response was "f#ck me, i want to marry him"
  #67   Top  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:20 AM

Enjoying quite a wall of hair in my hairline. Hard to explain how nice it feels. I had just an "island dollup" of a forelock when this all started.

This pic is my WEAKER side too. So pleased and only 4.5 months post-op round 2. :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6008.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	110911  

#68   Top  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:47 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

I've had so many self debates over the years on whether to get a transplant or not. And i finally reach a spot where i'm comfortable saying no, it's not really for me. Let nature take it's course. Move on, accept and forget it. Then i see a result like this and i'm immediately back to square one with the debate again. Sigh...

What a fantastic result. Honestly, it looks like you're at native density or maybe even better.

If i knew i could get this kind of result, i'd be in the chair in a minute.

Congrats!
  #69   Top  
Old 08-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG71 View Post
I've had so many self debates over the years on whether to get a transplant or not. And i finally reach a spot where i'm comfortable saying no, it's not really for me. Let nature take it's course. Move on, accept and forget it. Then i see a result like this and i'm immediately back to square one with the debate again. Sigh...

What a fantastic result. Honestly, it looks like you're at native density or maybe even better.

If i knew i could get this kind of result, i'd be in the chair in a minute.

Congrats!
RG71,

Just looked and saw that you're 46 and a nw2. If this is true, send me a PM. If you're not opposed to FUT, my advice may help you with the mental tennis you're playing about getting an HT or not getting an HT.

Read my entire first thread and send me a message if you'd like. Full disclosure: I represent only me and truly wanna help. I'm not paid $ by anyone. I just know EXACTLY what you're debating about in your head

Tags
dense packing, dr rahal, fut hairline, rahal, rahal fut