Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers Post a question for other knowledgeable forum members here. Any hair loss sufferers with good advice are also encouraged to respond.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 06-19-2017, 04:43 AM

Default Harvesting vs implantation importance

Hi people.
I am currently in the process of choosing my hair transplant surgeon for my second transplant.
I was a NW 3 (and a very strong one, with almost the whole front of my head being bald)
I had a 2800 graft procedure, and now, two years later I am looking to improve my density with around 1400 grafts.

It comes down to dr Hakan Doganay vs dr Tejinder Bhatti. They charge the similiar amount, and I've seen some good results by both of them. The main difference is that Doganay does the implantation of the grafts while Bhatti does the harvesting and stresses out that this is the most important part of the procedure. The technicians do the work the doctor doesn't in both cases.

So, what do you guys think, which part is the most important and which doctor should I choose?

Thank you very much for the answers.
  #2   Top  
Old 06-19-2017, 01:02 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Your options should never be down to dr Doganay, very poor short list if hes on it. I would go to Bhatti over him 100 times out of 100 and Bhatti wouldn't make my own personal short list but this isn't even a question between the 2, only one delivers consistent improvement. You really should research Doganay more he's done some serious damage to members here

as for the question, Ive used 2 docs who both handle it differently and both are world class. The answer lies in the experience of the techs involved. If doc A has a tech that has been extracting for 10 years and is as adept at it as the doc which allows him to focus on implanting that is a good scenario, or vice versa years implanting allowing doc to extract...but it doesnt matter how good the doc is at his part of the surgery if the tech is shit at their part.
  #3   Top  
Old 06-19-2017, 04:07 PM
Administrator
Follicular Genie

Both harvesting and implantation are exceptionally important parts of the procedure because grafts are fragile and if either part of the procedure is done carelessly, follicular units could be damaged and prevent them from growing. That said, many do consider the extraction process the most delicate and difficult portion of the procedure, especially during FUE since the surgeon has to operate by "feel" rather than sight.

Between the two surgeons, Dr. Bhatti is recommended and personally, I've been impressed with his work and results. Dr. Doganay was recommended in the past but we ended up discontinuing his recommendation due to several complaints of poor growth and lack of direct involvement in the procedure. That said, Dr. Doganay now claims he's been heavily involved in the procedure again and wants us to reconsider recommending him again. I am still in the process of evaluating whether or not to re-present him to the community.

At the end of the day, I suggest consulting with each physician and viewing their examples of their results to help with your decision.

Best wishes,

Bill

To learn about how I restored my hair, view My Hair Loss Website - NEW AND IMPROVED.

Subscribe to our Newsletters | How We Recommend Physicians

-----

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.
  #4   Top  
Old 06-20-2017, 05:21 PM

I have consulted with both of them, and Doganay even offers a 25 percent discount,
probably because of the bad rep.
I'll probably go safe with Bhatti.
Thank you for the answers, they've been very helpful.