Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers Post a question for other knowledgeable forum members here. Any hair loss sufferers with good advice are also encouraged to respond.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   Top  
Old 05-17-2017, 03:12 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisjams View Post
IMHO, you may just need to give it more time. Also, if you wear your hair not pulled back so severely it may look a lot better.
I don't typically wear it that way. I just did that to show how dramatic it is. I do my best to disguise it, but when the wind blows, my vampire peak is very visable. I find people looking at my hairline a lot more now when I'm outsidie.
  #22   Top  
Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

I agree that location is not the way to make a decision regarding corrective surgery although we all can relate to the issue of having to travel long distances...it's a challenge. I see that you understand this point GirlHair because you don't want to have a repair procedure not turn out favorable. You have some time to do lots of research for next surgeon choice.

A couple of things. First, you want to give the procedure a full 12-16 months to not only mature but to also gain enough length in the hair to see how it will style. When your hair is pulled back, you can see where the hairline starts...with some length to it you will be able to resume your own styling and it will look softer and not appear as acute.

If after that period, you still feel the peak is still too pronounced, you can potentially have the peak thinned, recessed, and reshaped with electrolysis. That IMHO would be a better option than having the entire base hair line lowered as that would take a ton of more grafts and you would have to do it at least twice in order to gain enough visual density. I do agree that having the hairline flattened more to replicate a more female hairline would be beneficial. And it should be slightly irregular and not as symmetrical as it is at present.

The regrowth from the grafts look very good and so the corrective procedure should work out with the right surgeon who has lots of proven experience with female hairlines.

Wishing you the best in getting this resolved GirlHair.

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Boca Raton, FL - Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY
  #23   Top  
Old 05-18-2017, 05:14 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

It's possible that when the hairs mature, it will look a bit more natural, but unfortunately it isn't going to improve the shape. I think the best course of action would be to fill in the temples to create a more feminine shape.

The important thing to keep in mind is that this is very fixable and there is light at the end of the tunnel. In the mean time, you could carefully trim the very front of the peak to make it less pronounced. It's best to wait a few more months before doing this so as not to interfere with any new growth that might occur.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com
  #24   Top  
Old 05-18-2017, 02:08 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
If after that period, you still feel the peak is still too pronounced, you can potentially have the peak thinned, recessed, and reshaped with electrolysis. That IMHO would be a better option than having the entire base hair line lowered as that would take a ton of more grafts and you would have to do it at least twice in order to gain enough visual density. I do agree that having the hairline flattened more to replicate a more female hairline would be beneficial. And it should be slightly irregular and not as symmetrical as it is at present.

The regrowth from the grafts look very good and so the corrective procedure should work out with the right surgeon who has lots of proven experience with female hairlines.

Wishing you the best in getting this resolved GirlHair.
Thank you.... I've thought about that too, but have read stories about seeing noticeable scaring from the HT or skin discoloration. I will have to explore all options and find out if I'm a candidate to get them repositioned in more feminine hairline with minimal lowering of hairline. The hairline was put in much thicker then the rest of my hair. I use Xfusion on the top still, or else I would get the sexy vampire friar tuck look.
  #25   Top  
Old 05-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

I agree...it would be a less complex case if the widows peak was refined rather than lower your base hairline that much. And can you imagine how much more that would cost in terms of additional grafts?

Try and get as many opinions as possible...I think you will know when you hear the right plan and approach.

Again, best wishes to you GirlHair...

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Boca Raton, FL - Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY

Tags
botched, fut, hairline