Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers Post a question for other knowledgeable forum members here. Any hair loss sufferers with good advice are also encouraged to respond.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Top  
Old 01-02-2015, 08:49 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

So you went forward. I give you credit for making a decision, and I am sure you'll be happy with the SMG results. Be prepared for another procedure down the road, which is almost a requirement now that you did a front 1/3 procedure at a young age. Fin is not a silver bullet and it may not work for you or you may develop sides. Since you are only 23, in 10 years when you need another, the industry may have finally developed a better alternative such as cloning or stem cell therapy. I waited too long for them to develop a better, more reliable, and less invasive solution, and now I am 43 before I finally stopped waiting and had my first procedure.

So happy growing to you, and keep us posted on how things are coming along.
  #12   Top  
Old 01-02-2015, 10:32 PM

Yeah, absolutely. Thank you all for the support. It's crazy how comfortable I felt with the expectations set and the procedure, and I know the guys and gals at SMG do such reliable work.

I also understand this will not be the last one I have. After my experience, I am really okay with doing that. Again, I know my donor area has plenty left as well, so this gives me hope for that.

We'll see!
  #13   Top  
Old 01-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinaMax View Post
Yeah, absolutely. Thank you all for the support. It's crazy how comfortable I felt with the expectations set and the procedure, and I know the guys and gals at SMG do such reliable work.

I also understand this will not be the last one I have. After my experience, I am really okay with doing that. Again, I know my donor area has plenty left as well, so this gives me hope for that.

We'll see!
It's very encouraging to hear someone so young being so well informed and knowledgeable. Very glad you made a decision you yourself feel comfortable with, and with reasonable expectations. You'll do well in life with the good head you seem to have on your shoulders - and hopefully with a good head of hair to go along with it.

Check out my hair loss website for photos
FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts
Ones: 607
Twos: 925
Threes: 413
Fours: 56
1.25 mg Finasteride daily since July 2014
  #14   Top  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:34 AM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

Hey! Buddy hows your hair?
  #15   Top  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:08 PM

Default Update...

Hey all,

I just wanted to give you all some kind of update.

I'm sitting just shy of the 4 month mark; at this point I can feel new hair beginning to grow in, but I'd say there's not been any real aesthetic result (I was not really expecting any at this point).

I've also now been on Fin for almost 5 months. 0 side effects, so PTL for that.

I've included pictures below. The first picture included is at the one-month mark (right around January 30th) and the corresponding photos were taken yesterday to mark the progress so far.

You can notice some filling in the hairline, but it's mainly light, individual hairs popping up at this point.

Anyway, based on the pictures, what are thoughts y'all have? How is this progress compared to what you've all seen, etc.?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_08721.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	77842   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender2.jpg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	77843   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender3.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	77844   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender4.jpg
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	77845   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender5.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	77846  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender6.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	77847   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_09931.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	77850  
  #16   Top  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

I see a little progress, but it is a little slow. From what I have read and progress photos that have been shared by other people, that is not unusual for FUE. As long as you can see and feel progress and you are happy with it, that's what matters.
  #17   Top  
Old 04-24-2015, 04:49 PM

This seems to be just fine. Everyone's growth is different and some start growing faster and sooner than others. There's no hard and fast rule for how the growth should progress. And since the hairs really don't start growing until the 3rd month anyway, that means you haven't even had a full month's worth of growth yet - so just hang tight. I'm sure you'll start seeing stronger results in no time.

2,001 grafts
  #18   Top  
Old 04-20-2017, 05:57 PM

Comprehensive update nearly 2 years later. I'm 26 now.

I got a 2nd FUE procedure to fill in areas, have been on Propecia for 2 years, no side effects, I may go back for another procedure for maintenance in the future - but am overall satisfied with the result. SMG is great.

#19   Top  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the update! Amazing how fast two years fly by. *sigh* Very happy for you. Results look great!

2,001 grafts
  #20   Top  
Old 04-20-2017, 11:45 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Looks very Good. So 1,750 on first, how many on second?
Thanks

Tags
balding, young, young male