Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics Surgeons recommended on the Hair Transplant Network should post your hair transplant photos here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Thumbs up Dr. Robert M. Bernstein / Norwood 4a/5a / 2064 grafts in 1 session

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration Patient CZQ is a Norwood 4A/5A with medium weight, slightly wiry, salt and pepper hair. Results after one hair transplant session of 2,064 follicular unit grafts.

Click the thumbnails below for a larger view.

Before / After:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2047-1a-l.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	35378Click image for larger version

Name:	2047-1b-l.jpg
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	35379

Left: Before Hair Transplant
Right: After One Session

Detail of Hairline:

Note the excellent results and completely natural look after just one session in a patient with good hair characteristics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2047-2a-m.jpg
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	35380Click image for larger version

Name:	2047-2b-m.jpg
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	35381Click image for larger version

Name:	2047-2c-m.jpg
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	35382

Left: Before Hair Transplant
Center: Hairline Position Marked
Right: After 1st Hair Transplant Session

* Visit our Hair Transplant Photos to view more before/afters of our patients

* View Patient CZQ's complete photo profile
  #2   Top  
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

I have a ton of respect for Dr. B with regard to his contribution to the HT field, publications, etc. This is a good result.

I have yet to see a procedure by Dr. B of over 4000 grafts in one session in cases where it is obviously needed and it seems most patients are older gentlemen. I suppose this is fine as each doc has their niche but it would seem the balance in the type of patient results portrayed is not there and I would like to see a better balance of young/older, minor hairline work, extensive large one pass, crown, etc.

One could have leveled this same observation at Dr. Rahal who used to post mostly hairline work and was asked to post other types of patient results which he has done and shown a well rounded skill level.

I am sure Dr. B has an extensive portfolio of great results and I would love to see more types of results. I feel like I am looking at the same result every time

By the way, as a general statement, I think more docs on here need to post more types of results and not just 90% frontal third results.

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010
Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com...asp?WebID=2452
  #3   Top  
Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

I agree with Can't Decide. Dr. B is a pioneer and he is due major respect. However, it seems like he justs wants to throw up a few old cases now and again on this site. He pays, so I guess it is his choice. Business must be good enough that he doesn't care.
  #4   Top  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

"seems most patients are older gentlemen. I suppose this is fine as each doc has their niche"

that's true
but it's a BIG niche!
lol!
i bet a very high % of HT case are 50+
  #5   Top  
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis91 View Post
He pays, so I guess it is his choice.
Not necessarily. We continually review results and make sure our recommended/Coalition physicians are continually sharing results that meet our high standards. In the past, we've removed several physicians when patients (or the physician themselves) shared results that were substandard, and these physicians were removed despite willingness to continue paying our recommendation fees.

In my opinion, Dr. Bernstein doesn't come anywhere near this level. Like you guys were saying, he's a pioneer, and I think his works remains consistently solid!

However, of course we always encourage all members to share their honest opinion about posted cases.

Additionally, if any member ever feels like a presented case doesn't match our normal standards, feel free to message me with a link.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

Tags
before and after photos, bernstein medical, hair transplant nyc, hair transplant photos, robert m. bernstein