Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shampoo View Post
There are some really good world class hair transplant surgeons, so you will have to study the videos, read the message board, contact a few clinics and look for clues for which doctor may be the best fit for you.

I have had two hair transplants. In August 2012 I flew from Texas to Vancouver, BC to have Dr. Jerry Wong perform a large hair transplant. I chose Doctor Wong because of his clinic's reputation, his willingness to do large sessions, as well as I felt he produces some outstanding crown results, I can't say enough about the professionalism, deep staff, and wonderful experience I had at Hasson & Wong, but there are other great doctors out there as well.

I suggest only using a doctor that does hair transplantation on a full time basis and not someone that "dabbles" in hair transplant surgery. You want a doctor that is passionate about hair transplantation, a doctor that does several hair transplant surgeries a week, every week. Full time hair transplant doctors are more likely to have skilled technicians and staffing that are specialized in the field.

Don't limit yourself to only doctors near you. You want the best. This is something you will have to live with the rest of your life. Some people think nothing of flying across country to Disney World for a one time experience but seem reluctant to fly cross country to ensure a great surgical result that will last a lifetime. Think of a plane ticket and a couple nights in a hotel as well worth being with the best world renowned surgeons.

My personal list of top North American doctors would be:
Hasson & Wong (Vancouver)
Dr. Rahal (Ontario)
Dr. Feller (New York)
Dr. Ron Shapiro (Minnesota)
Dr. Arocha (Texas)
Dr. Charles (Florida)
Dr. Lindsey (Virginia)
And several others.......
XLNT advice shampoo!

I would add Dr Diep in los gatos, ca in your list above ;-)
  #12   Top  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:50 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

If you're in Sweden, why not try Dr De Reys in Belgium. It's not too far, he's quite cost-effective and he does fantastic work.

Here's a link to my journal on the forum:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...r-de-reys.html

Cheers,

Will
  #13   Top  
Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 AM
New Real Hair Club Member

i have seen many ppl coming to india for fue...as good docs r available here at very low cost compared to other places...this is the reasoning given by them...
i got my fue done by dr tejinder bhatti from chandigarh last week..i met 2 patients there..1 from austria another from dubai...most of his patients r from outside india...u can hv a look at his work..i hv been told that coming to india and getting ht done is more cost effective than getting it done there...
personally speaking i really liked his work..he is vry enthusiastic about his work...he is a full time surgeon..doing a transplant almost everyday..infact he ws so booked that i cudnt get a date within 13 days..i found the technical staff also very cordial and jovial..
  #14   Top  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

I can't stress this enough... Go to Turkey.

The flights are relatively cheap from where you are, the procedures and results are top class (search for my blog thread on here for details) and the price is cheaper than the majority of others available.

For example, i had 2,800 FUE and the price was GBP 4,500 including flights, accommodation, procedure, medication and after care. The results are fantastic with no side effects, problems, scarring or loss of yield.

The private hospital was the best i've ever seen, the surgical team were ultra professional and only wanted the best results for me and the hotel/city is fantastic.

It's a no brainer really.