Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients Feel free to post your hair transplant photos here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Top  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

Hi

I opted for strip for the 2nd HT as I already have a strip scar anyway. I opted for strip the 1st time around as I could not get away with a shaved head in my job. In some respects I wish I had bitten the bullet and had say, 2 FUE sessions of 1500 grafts. But what is done is done. However, I still believe strip is better for larger sessions.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Cheers
  #12   Top  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:08 AM

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by "I wish I bit the bullet and had FUE"? What disadvantages are you seeing from FUT? I was really leaning towards FUT but you've made me re-think it now.
  #13   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 05:26 AM

Hi

I was thinking specifically about the linear scarring from FUT. Once you have one, there is no going back. You must consider this- although FUE into the scar is an option.

Thanks
  #14   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Hi StevieG, I've had FUT and my scar's healed incredibly well- I researched the surgeon and chatted to guys on here, who all said that the scar is really neat. Obviously it may vary depending on technique, surgeon etc, but I am confident I'll be able to have a grade 2 or 3 when all's healed and back to normal, with no sign at all. I've never had a fully shaved head so it wasn't even a concern for me. I guess if you want to wear your hair very short at the back, i.e. shaved then it is a big factor. Check out my latest pics, just had a grade 6 across the scar area, 7 weeks after surgery.... You wouldn't have a clue what's gone on under there!
  #15   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:34 AM

PS- excellent work on your barnet so far Beardy, your hair looks awesome so only going to be better with the new addition! All the best for the future...
  #16   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the info madmod. You took some excellent pictures and i'm looking forward to seeing the results of your procedure.

You're right, there's absolutely no sign of a scar despite cutting your hair quite short. I would be over the moon with a FUT scar like that.

Can you tell me who you had the procedure with?
  #17   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Cheers Mad Mod

When it gros out I will be going for the Paul weller look!
  #18   Top  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Cheers Stevie- I'm one of the guys on here that has been to Dr Saifi, in Worclaw, Poland. He's not affiliated to the site but I took a couple of years to make my decision and chatted to 4 or 5 guys here that had had procedures with him. I have to say I can't speak from much experience of hair growth just yet, but it was a superb procedure- incredibly neat donor scar, quick healing and virtually pain free (I'm not great with pain!) I'm very happy with things right now, and just can't wait to start seeing the results. If you need any info, don't hesitate to get in touch...

Beardy- funnily enough, that's what I'm hoping to get back to as well!! Fingers crossed all...
  #19   Top  
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 AM

Thanks Madmod, I've seen a lot of Dr Saifi's results and they are impressive. I've had a online consultation with him and he seems really nice and helpeful. That is one impressive donor scar - even right after surgery, it's almost unnoticeable.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results. Please keep us updated!