Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Default Donor area shaved all the way down after HST

Hello guys,
Before going into the HT path, i was always looking for pics of shaved donor areas post HTs since i always keep my hair buzzed and all i needed is to work on the midront and hairline for now to frame my face since my hair line was almost completly gone, but i never found a post with detailed post op donor pics which made me always hesitate to move forward. after alot of research i was convinced that HST is for me and went for it, below is how my donor look like post op, I had 2080 graft done.... All pictures were taking with 12 megapixel cam with flash:

1) Pre op - teken in the clinic after they shaved my donor before op:

2) Post op - in the clinic, right after HST:

3) One week post op - before any haircut:

4) Almost 5 weeks post op (with clippers with no guard, the shortest you can go before razor):

Last edited by aim4hair; 09-15-2012 at 03:59 AM.
  #2   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Thanks for sharing! I think we're all eager to see an HST result unfold from start to finish.

Are you planning on sharing any images of the implantation site?

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
  #3   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 PM

Very cool! Please give us more details like how the hairline was designed(conservative or low), Gho's waiting times for procedure and any other details please.

Revamped Advantages/Disadvantages of FUE. Myths dispelled. Educate yourself

Everything FUE. Manual, motorized, ARTAS, NeoGraft, physician details and more

Due to an influx of inquiries, I advocate Dr Lorenzo, Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba, Maras, Erdogan & Reddy. I receive no remuneration and am unaffiliated with any clinic. Pro-FUE and pro-patient!
  #4   Top  
Old 09-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

I'd also like to follow your progress from start to finish. Do you have pics from the front? Do you have pre-op pics of your hair before shaving down?

YouTube: Shapiro Medical Group's Videos

Follow us on: Facebook

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.
  #5   Top  
Old 09-15-2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_HT_Doc View Post
Thanks for sharing! I think we're all eager to see an HST result unfold from start to finish.

Are you planning on sharing any images of the implantation site?
it's too early to judge about the recepient area yet, but yeah i will add more photos.
  #6   Top  
Old 09-15-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey85 View Post
Very cool! Please give us more details like how the hairline was designed(conservative or low), Gho's waiting times for procedure and any other details please.
This is how my hairline looks like:

Waiting time was initially around 7 months but i was on waiting list and got an appointment earlier, so all i had to wait was around 2 months.
  #7   Top  
Old 09-15-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna View Post
I'd also like to follow your progress from start to finish. Do you have pics from the front? Do you have pre-op pics of your hair before shaving down?
I will add more pics soon.
  #8   Top  
Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Forum Co-Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
it's too early to judge about the recepient area yet, but yeah i will add more photos.
Definitely. However, I was simply wondering what the immediate post-operative, implanted front looked like.

Additionally, from the research I've conducted, it seems like HST results mature slightly faster than FUT/FUE results (allegedly), so it will be interesting to see what you look like around the 4 month mark.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
  #9   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:51 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Keep us posted Aimforhair.

Everyone is interested in this.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.
  #10   Top  
Old 09-16-2012, 11:36 AM

Nice. Do you plan on keeping a shaved head real low? To be fair, and it is only 5 weeks I can see the scarring (and I can't tell if it is scarring I am seeing or just the gaps of missing hair), but I was looking for it. I don't think anyone would notice. Very very good looking donor area, probably the cleanest I've seen. This looks like a nice procedure for someone that wants to share their head to a zero but wants a hairline.