Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Discuss and share your photos, experiences and results related to the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant procedure, including its advantages, disadvantages and who is an ideal candidate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21   Top  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna View Post
.5 & .6?

It'll be interesting to see if you get any white dots. Does Dr. Gho extract just single hairs with .5 punches, that's pretty small?
According to them they*use a needle of 0.5 up to 0.6 mm to extract only a minimal piece of tissue. This tissue contains part of the hair stem cells, which is sufficient to produce a new hair.
Regarding the grafts, each may contain 1 to 4 individual hairs.
  #22   Top  
Old 09-11-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelzgood View Post
Aim4hair thanks for posting those two pics. Looks pretty good!
How many total grafts did you end up transplanting and if possible what is the graft breakdown singles, doubles, triples etc... I think I'm pretty much maxed out so I'm very curious and interested in Dr. Gho's technique. I believe that his method is extarcting a single hair from a multi-hair graft thus splitting it on the spot. But if that type of procedure makes virtualy unscared donor area...I'm all for it.
Keep us posted with updates and good growth to you!

Here are couple of mine #1 guard donor area pics after 4K+ grafts:

I did alot of research regarding his technique including the scientific peer papers, documented cases, and other factors and im convinced that HST is about regeneration not splitting and this is what made me go for it. So far im really impressed about healing, minimum scaring and over all result, but it's still too early to judge about the final result and i'll state my openion honestly and if i end up being unsatesfied ill be the first to tell.
Btw on other forum there is a super clear documented result for a guy called gc83uk who had 2 HSTs so far and going for his third soon, and in his recepient it shows that the transplanted hair are growing with multiple hairs.

After all, It all comes down to your research and study, i beleive ppl who do their homework right are less likely to end up regretting their decission.
  #23   Top  
Old 09-11-2012, 03:56 PM

Default Guard 1 - FUE Results?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey85 View Post
Hey guys,

Was just wondering before if the notion of being able to shave down to a guard 1 after an FUE procedure is correct or not? Obviously it would count on the amount of grafts so let's say something like a 2,000 graft procedure? Could it pass as seamless on a low guard 1 given average density? Would there be a notable difference before and after?
Hey Mate,

Lot of variables come in to play. The normal density of your hair, the colour of your hair, the healing of the grafts etc. So, let's take a best case scenario. Average density, If 2000 grafts were the recommended number by a physician then your probably in great shape to go with the military look. In some cases this can be combined with micro-pigmentation to further enhance the look of density too. We have noted good results with FUE patients who what to style their hair close. That is often a reason why the patient chose FUE. All the Best, Michael Here is a pic from this forum: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...4&d=1283494227

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Last edited by michaeljames; 09-11-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: post HTN link
  #24   Top  
Old 09-12-2012, 06:02 PM

Hey guys,
I shaved my donor today with a clipper (no guard) just like i used to do it pre HT, which i think is the the shortest you can go before razor, below are the pics:

Last edited by aim4hair; 09-15-2012 at 08:14 AM.
  #25   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

@Aim4hair - Your donor area looks really good. I'd like to see 3 or 4 hair grafts extracted with a .5mm and .6mm needles.

I guess I'm confused as to Dr. Gho's technique.... Is Dr. Gho's technique try to extract just the 1 or 2 hairs from 3 or 4 hair follicular units so that you don't have the empty spots like traditional fue procedures?

@Feelzgood - You had 4000 grafts, what size punches were used and do you have the graft breakdown of 1's, 2's, 3's and 4's? The #1 guard shows a lot of the white dots. Have you tried #2 guard?

YouTube: Shapiro Medical Group's Videos

Follow us on: Facebook

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.
  #26   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janna View Post
@Aim4hair - Your donor area looks really good. I'd like to see 3 or 4 hair grafts extracted with a .5mm and .6mm needles.

I guess I'm confused as to Dr. Gho's technique.... Is Dr. Gho's technique try to extract just the 1 or 2 hairs from 3 or 4 hair follicular units so that you don't have the empty spots like traditional fue procedures?
Thanks Janna,
no dr. Gho teqchnique is not about splitting (extract just the 1 or 2 hairs from 3 or 4 hair follicular units). Based on his research and studies he found that a part of the stem cell is enough to make the follicular unit grow in the recepient and regrow in the donor area as well, for example, if he takes a part of the stem cell for a follicular unit of 3 hairs, it will grow again in the donor with 3 hairs and also grow in the recepient with 3 hair.
This will multiply the number of grafts but will not provide unlimited donor supply since they gurantee a minimum donor regrowth of 80 -85% so there is a possibility 15 - 20% will not regrow.
Dr. Gho has scientific peer review journals where he explains his technique in details, i beleive you can find those online easly, also there is a video interview dr. Gho did with spencer kobren, where he explains his technique, you can find it on youtube.
  #27   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 03:56 PM

Aim4hair,

Congrats on your procedure , hope everythong goes well . Just a couple of questions ;

- have ever spoken about situation of full blown nw6 with this technique? İ mean what can be achieved?

-did you choose your hairline or the doctors suggested?

-how was the procedure overall??
  #28   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

[QUOTE=Janna;2320633@Feelzgood - You had 4000 grafts, what size punches were used and do you have the graft breakdown of 1's, 2's, 3's and 4's? The #1 guard shows a lot of the white dots. Have you tried #2 guard?[/QUOTE]

No brakdown
It was .8
Yes I tried all kind of guards :P
I'm thinking SMPing the head - top and back once my new procedure grows in.

Aim4hair - looks awesome man!
  #29   Top  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azazelgs View Post
Aim4hair,

Congrats on your procedure , hope everythong goes well . Just a couple of questions ;

- have ever spoken about situation of full blown nw6 with this technique? İ mean what can be achieved?

-did you choose your hairline or the doctors suggested?

-how was the procedure overall??
thanks man, created a new thread and will be willing to answer questions there:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...after-hst.html