Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

Default need 1500 grafts FUE, which dr? here are their prices.

Hello I need a decision to make. I need about 1000 to 1500 grafts in the 1/3 part of my frontal head. to make hairline denser, temples and the middle top of scalp
I emailed all this great doctors for a FUE HT, but I need help making a desicion. some are more expensive than others but the ones that are cheaper are great doctors too, so I dont know. Here is a pic of where they will be placing the grafts and the prices of all these good doctors.

ERGODAY KORAY (asmed clinic in istanbul turkey) 1500 grafts-$5935 includes price for airplane ticket from USA to turkey.
RON ShAPHIRO 1500 grafts-$10500 dollars
FELLER 1500 grafts-$15,000 dollars
RAHAL 1500 grafts-$10500 dollars
BHR 1500 grafts-$8037 dollars
DORIN 1500 grafts-$13,500 dollars
ALL THESE ARE FUE PRICES.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	33241   Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload (1).jpg
Views:	0
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	33242  
  #2   Top  
Old 08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

You actually might need a bit more than 1,500 to give off a dense, full look but the Doctors know better than I would. FUE is a tricky thing. Most of those Doctors have great cases of FUE but also some not so good cases. Take time in deciding. Might want to add Dr. Lorenzo to the list too. Think he charges 5.5EURO per graft and it drops to 3EURO after 2,000.
  #3   Top  
Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Well I'm biased, but I vote for Ron Shapiro. I had a 1500 FUE done in April with Dr. Ron and the results are already phenomenal. I'm very pleased and still have much more growth to go.
  #4   Top  
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Pick the doc that caters to your goals based on what you show them/ask for. I think it could take 1500 grafts give or take depending on the densities planted. Look at a bunch of results. Every clinic you mentioned above has good results. Good luck.
  #5   Top  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

personally i think 1,500 is a bit light for the coverage and density you are looking for, more like 2,500

Depends if you are wanting to travel, if so, there are some good FUE surgeons in Turkey that would be cheaper than the prices you have been quoted, even with a long haul flight cost added.

If a long haul flight from the states is say $1,500, based on the package i had (with 2,800 FUE in Istanbul), it would be approximately $8,500

It would be even cheaper if you halved the session and went for the 1,500 only.
  #6   Top  
Old 08-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Follicular Master

You need more like 2500/3000 otherwise you be left forever wanting/needing. Also seriously consider strip to harvest appropriate numbers safely and keep yields high. Use your unquie limited donor supply wisely.

Best of luck.

Dr. Alan Feller, Coalition Member , Dr. William Lindsey, Coalition Member and Dr. Bijan Feriduni, Coalition Member

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.
  #7   Top  
Old 09-01-2012, 01:26 AM

hello guys dr. Koray from turkey sent me the message below. by the way I would not like to get another strip surgery. I really love to wear my hair short and I would not like to be out of jujitsu for another 6 months like the first time. iam a little concern cause I have read that doing big FUE graft transplants is not a good idea. tell me what you guys think here is his message. I really like dr's KORAY approach though.

Dear Mr. Lopez,

I tried to call you today but could not reach you. My secretary told me that you want 1000 grafts for your frontline-temple to increase the density. I can fix this problem with 1400 grafts in one day operation. But it is obvious that you will be NW 6 so when we fix your frontline in the future you will have problem on your midline and vertex ( crown ). If I have done your first operation I would not change your frontline lower so your donor may be enough to cover all your hair loss area in the future with 1400 grafts. I can increase your frontline –temple but you will have the same problem with your crown area in 2 years time.

So my offer is 3200 grafts startting from front –mid and vertex. which will help you better. But this does not mean that you will not need an operation in the future.

Your donor capacity 6000 grafts for FUE in total and this number can not cover all your hair loss area as original density.

So your expectations should be realistic.

Best Regards,

Last edited by TakingThePlunge; 06-07-2013 at 11:58 PM.
  #8   Top  
Old 09-01-2012, 01:30 AM

his prices 2.5 euros per graft equals to 3 dollars and 14 cents. 2.5 euros = 3.14 US dollars and I have not seen nothing but good results on this doc. same with dr. kesser from turkey but he is a little bit more expensive. 3.5 euros per graft = 4.39 US dollars. however dr. kesser have not told me how many grafts yet.
  #9   Top  
Old 09-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futbol9 View Post
his prices 2.5 euros per graft equals to 3 dollars and 14 cents. 2.5 euros = 3.14 US dollars and I have not seen nothing but good results on this doc. same with dr. kesser from turkey but he is a little bit more expensive. 3.5 euros per graft = 4.39 US dollars. however dr. kesser have not told me how many grafts yet.
Dr. Erdogan is a good doc. He does some pretty decent work from what I have seen on the forums these past couple years. I think what he says makes sense. It's going to buy you time and you may need a procedure later later on since you may head towards Norwood 6 but it should setup a strong foundation and give you more styling options. So your areas of concern will be taken care of and it will help amp other areas. I think it's a good approach.

How much is it costing for those 3200 grafts? Is he including the airfare or are you purchasing your own ticket to add to that cost?

I think it is crucial to have a well established front/hairline with proper framing/density so this tweak should set things for you. 1400 grafts in one day seems like a good pace but is he doing this manual or motorized FUE?

I look forward to seeing your progress. Please keep us posted.
  #10   Top  
Old 09-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

I'm quite surprised by Dr. Koray's response. Seems like a very honest and accommodating Doctor. Very cool that he tried calling you and replied to your email personally, I like Doctors that have one on one contact with the patient.