Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics Surgeons recommended on the Hair Transplant Network should post your hair transplant photos here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Default Dr. Panine - Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic - 3,334 grafts/10 Months Post-Op

This 42 year old gentleman originally met with me 2 years ago. He expressed his unhappiness with thinning in his crown. He indicated that his thinning had just become noticeable over the last 2 years and that his hair loss seemed to be accelerated over the last year. He had very fine, blonde hair with average density in his donor area. After establishing his medical history and understanding the progression of his hair loss, I diagnosed his condition as Androgenetic Alopecia (male pattern baldness), ruling out any other possible dermatological or medical conditions which can cause hair loss. I recommended that he should consider taking Propecia to try and control further hair loss. I then proceeded to find out what his expectations were; he stated that the crown was his #1 priority, but the thinning of the front was starting to bother him too. I explained to him that I could address his thinning in the front area along with the crown, with the main emphasis being on the crown. After building up the crown, the remaining grafts would be used build up the frontal 1/3, without bring his hairline down; simply creating more density within the hairline he currently had. The patient received 3,334 grafts of which 1,875 went into his crown. The remaining 1,459 into the frontal 1/3. These results were taken 10 months after his surgery. As of today, the patient has been taking Propecia for the last 2 years and the Propecia has controlled further hair loss without any side effects.

Last edited by skindoc; 08-23-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: update URL for youtube
  #2   Top  
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Follicular Master

Very natural transformation! Thank you for sharing.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
  #3   Top  
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

I am one of your biggest fans, Dr. Panine. I was pleased to see that you yourself posted on here. I wish you could find time to post more often.

This patient received great coverage for the number of grafts he received. It's very natural and I know he is happy with the results. His donor hair seems to be fine and the density isn't that great, so you did a great job with what you had to work with.
5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily
Biotin 1000 mcg daily
Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1?
  #4   Top  
Old 08-28-2012, 06:43 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

RCWest and Future_HT_Doc - Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to review my posts and share your thoughts.
RCWest - I'll make the time to post more often as I am delighted to see that the pride I take in my work is appreciated and shared among forum members like yourself.
  #5   Top  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Great work and the presentation is excellent.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.