Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics Surgeons recommended on the Hair Transplant Network should post your hair transplant photos here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Default *UPDATE FUE* Dr. Paul Shapiro 12 Months Result - 2073grafts/4112 hairs

HERE WE PRESENTED 6 MONTHS RESULT IN MARCH OF 2012:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165209-dr-paul-shapiros-6-mo-fue-result-2073grafts-4112hairs.html

**UPDATE** NEW PICS TAKEN AT 12 MONTHS POST OP

YouTube: Shapiro Medical Group's Videos

Follow us on: Facebook

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.
  #2   Top  
Old 08-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

This fellow look absolutely great! SMG's FUE work is impeccable.

Thank you for the update.
  #3   Top  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:06 PM

Good result.

Even though this is a great result and SMG do great fue, I still don't believe the yield is matching SMG strip in my opinion.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.
  #4   Top  
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Honorary Real Hair Club Member

That is a nice result. I think the only difference between that and one of their strip procedures would be the lack of a linear scar. I haven't seen many SMG fue results but the few I have seen look good. Dodger comes to mind as another one.

View my patient website:
http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com...asp?WebID=1874

Last edited by Levrais; 08-24-2012 at 09:56 PM.
  #5   Top  
Old 08-25-2012, 01:09 AM

Janna....when you say he uses styling products would that include concealers or is it just hair gel?
  #6   Top  
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
Good result.

Even though this is a great result and SMG do great fue, I still don't believe the yield is matching SMG strip in my opinion.
I disagree with you on this point, chrisdav. From what I see and comparing it to other SMG results, the yield achieved from the 2,000+ FUE grafts is the same as would have been achieved if the same number of grafts had been taken from this patient via strip. The relatively small graft count had to cover quite a bit of real estate (NW IIIA), so whether taken by FUE or FUT, they weren't going to give this patient a "mop" of hair -- which I think would have looked wrong on this patient anyway.
  #7   Top  
Old 08-25-2012, 11:48 AM

I think SMG do great Fue Pupdaddy, one of the leaders with very consistent results of a high quality and somewhere I would go if I was having fue performed on my head.

But I think that their strip results look fuller and denser than their fue in my opinion and I would say I have noticed that with most of the other leading clinics who perform both procedures. Maybe I am wrong, just started wearing contact lenses Pup

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.
  #8   Top  
Old 08-25-2012, 01:07 PM

Maybe the difference is that SMG's larger sessions are strip? I do remember Janna saying that SMG isn't noticing any difference in yield as between FUE and FUT, so maybe it's just that the FUT cases you are thinking of where higher density was achieved were due to more grafts being transplanted (a bigger session). Either that or maybe you've lost a contact lens, cd. But I agree with you: SMG's FUT and FUE work is consistently beautiful and my personal favorite among the groups that generally take a more conservative approach.
  #9   Top  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBeat View Post
Janna....when you say he uses styling products would that include concealers or is it just hair gel?
It's just a hair gel. We'd never take pictures of our patients if they had concealers in. There wouldn't be any point in it.

Pupdaddy,

You are right that you're likely to see better density on our strip results than you would with fue cases. It is due to the fact that our strip patients tend to get higher graft count in a given cm2 or the hair to graft ratio is higher. Because the follicles are more fragile with fue sessions, our doctors do tend to be more cautious with fue cases so there's ample blood supply in the recipient area. They spread the grafts over a larger area. Great observation.

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.
  #10   Top  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Thanks all for your feedback!