Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Discuss and share your photos, experiences and results related to the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant procedure, including its advantages, disadvantages and who is an ideal candidate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 04:24 AM
New Real Hair Club Member

Hi Mb30

how did your consult go on the 8th ?

Ive taken the plunge, booked into Dr Feriduni for Dec, 1800 Fue.. Deposit paid & Flights & Hotel Booked !!! I looked at bisanga too but his availability didnt suit me work wise..

No going Back Now.. Least I can stop researching now the decision's made.. :-)

These forums are great, I honestly wouldnt be getting this done without having read the posts / blogs form all the guys here.. Thank you all !!!

I'll make sure to take regular photos and update regularly.. I'll happily answer any queries I can... Roll on December, "get busy living or get busy dying"
  #32   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Good luck Jaydublin, 1800 grafts in one day sounds safe as long below 2000, good news is that Dr. Feriduni went back to manual FUE as he found motorized FUE does not meet the patient expectations in terms of final yield of the grafts. Wish you all the best.
2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011
My Hair Treatments:
1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)
2- Nizoral 2% Dandruff Shampoo (Once a week)
3- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)
4- HLCC Re-Stim- Minoxidil 5% + Saw Palmetto 5% (Once a day)
My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ne-repair.html[/SIZE]
  #33   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 AM

Thanks Hariri,

Yeah glad of that, Dr Feriduni gets great praise here, I believe I have chosen well !!

Im fearing the 1-3 month post op period, covering up the redness in work.. Any advise ?
  #34   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
Good luck Jaydublin, 1800 grafts in one day sounds safe as long below 2000, good news is that Dr. Feriduni went back to manual FUE as he found motorized FUE does not meet the patient expectations in terms of final yield of the grafts. Wish you all the best.
Wow, alot of Doctors seem to be moving away from motorized FUE. I think I remember a case where a patient had FUE with Dr. Feller with using a motorized method and the yield was not great. On the second touch up a manual instrument was used and the result improved but the patient then went to Rahal for a 3rd procedure. Lorenzo is the only Doc I would go to for FUE now. No one else.

Revamped Advantages/Disadvantages of FUE. Myths dispelled. Educate yourself

Everything FUE. Manual, motorized, ARTAS, NeoGraft, physician details and more

Due to an influx of inquiries, I advocate Dr Lorenzo, Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba, Maras, Erdogan & Reddy. I receive no remuneration and am unaffiliated with any clinic. Pro-FUE and pro-patient!
  #35   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 AM

Just saw the video of Dr. Lorenzo on youtube, he is quick with the old choi implanter. What is the alternative to the choi?

JayDublin- how important is it to you for people not to find out, I was fully committed to keeping quiet, but it just seemed like too much effort and when I "came out" I got nothing but positive responses from friends and family, everyone telling me I'm brave for some reason... and all my balding friends are now curious as hell.

If ya really don't wanna tell people, you could make something up like an infection on your head... I mean if you really had a problem say head through glass window with lots of tiny cuts, would you worry about covering up redness?

Back to the topic... could we make some sort of grading criteria so we can find out who the best actually is? Using before after pics combined with patients testimonials, healing time, cost etc...

Could be an interesting project.
  #36   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:01 AM

No real alternative to the Choi besides the good old "Extract first, make incisions and then have the techs place the grafts in" really.

Revamped Advantages/Disadvantages of FUE. Myths dispelled. Educate yourself

Everything FUE. Manual, motorized, ARTAS, NeoGraft, physician details and more

Due to an influx of inquiries, I advocate Dr Lorenzo, Bisanga, Feriduni, Mwamba, Maras, Erdogan & Reddy. I receive no remuneration and am unaffiliated with any clinic. Pro-FUE and pro-patient!
  #37   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
Hariri Dr. Feriduni went back to manual fue???
  #38   Top  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Forum Co-Moderator

Jay,

I love Dr. Feriduni's FUE results. I think you made an excellent decision. In my opinion, he's absolutely one of the best. Please, keep us updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDublin View Post
Hi Mb30

how did your consult go on the 8th ?

Ive taken the plunge, booked into Dr Feriduni for Dec, 1800 Fue.. Deposit paid & Flights & Hotel Booked !!! I looked at bisanga too but his availability didnt suit me work wise..

No going Back Now.. Least I can stop researching now the decision's made.. :-)

These forums are great, I honestly wouldnt be getting this done without having read the posts / blogs form all the guys here.. Thank you all !!!

I'll make sure to take regular photos and update regularly.. I'll happily answer any queries I can... Roll on December, "get busy living or get busy dying"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
  #39   Top  
Old 08-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDublin View Post

Im fearing the 1-3 month post op period, covering up the redness in work.. Any advise ?

Jay with FUE if you lay low for 2 - 3 weeks and take that time off work . You will most likely get away without telling anyone bar your missus.

Shave your head if you wish couple months before the Op. People will get used to seeing you without with shaved head so wont arouse any suspicion post op or attract any eye drift.

Get on MSM to speed hair growth so your native hair grows back quicker. Loads of things to help with redness. Aloe Vera etc. Lasercomb helps healing and gets rid of redness. Clinique any redness will help disguise if theres any lingering redness hanging around.

You will be fine.
  #40   Top  
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 AM

Thanks mate,

hadnt considered the msm before, but will get on that now I think, I'd chew glass if it help to be honest !!