Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121   Top  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 AM

I have been a victim of AHS Delhi, I have undergone their Laser Therapy and wasted my Rs. 1,09,000 plus taxes for no result. They had cheated me. During my fight with them to get a refund, I had developed an understanding regarding this industry and how AHS is looting people.

AHS guys will offer you a ten months (or more) Laser Therapy which they claims its a patented procedure, which is actually not. When I asked them to show me the patent number and patent documentation with US Patent department, they were not able to do so.
Second they gave me a formula (kind of oil) to put in my hair/scalp, which is nothing but Minoxidil (brand name- Mintop 5% or 10%) for Rs. 1,09,000 and lied to me that its a research of their own. (Mintop is easily available over the counter for some Rs. 500 to 900).
Mintop is a solution which helps to regulate blood vessels on the scalp and in some way it gives good result for the first few months but a point of time comes when it also stops working. (Google Minoxidil, its side effects for better understanding). Minoxidil is not advisable to children.

Secondly they will ask you to visit studio 3-4 times in a month to sit under a machine which expose ur scalp to laser rays, problem is AHS has bought laser machines from China and u never knows the wavelength of laser rays falling on ur head.

If you want to see their medical know how and how good they are, just ask them the wavelength of laser allowed for human exposure, they wont be able to tell you. Moreover, laser rays has zero to 1% effect on the follicle stimulation and brings no result for hair regrowth. I had wated my 10 months, when there was no result they asked me to take more sessions, which is completely impractical and out of medical dictionary.

For their Non Surgical procedure, which is nothing but a WIG imported from Hong Kong, from some Bonnie, they again lie for it and say that it comes from US/UK/Australia lab. they say they will take 3-4 months to prepare it for you however if you insist them that u need it within a month and its very urgent, they will say OK we will provide you in a month but on extra cost, How come it will be manufactured with in a month now when systematic operating time is 3-4 months, will they compromise the quality or something, no cause its readily available and they will put that WIG on ur head which was ordered for some one else, so NO POINT saying its being manufactured especially for you and giving you the exactly same/identical Human Virgin hair.

For Surgical procedure, FUE/FUT, first of all they will promote FUT cause Dr. Manoj Khanna, or Dr. Amit Gupta dont have expertise on FUE method. If you insist then they will say yes for FUE which will be done by Dr. Amit Gupta, who is a beginner for FUE surgery. Means you become the guinea pig (experiment animal) for them to test and try and improve their skills on ur head to become the expert for FUE.

FUT is a method where in they will cut ur scalp with a sharp scalpel, and lot of blood oozes out. They have cameras installed in every nook and corner, even in Operation theatre, ask them to show you the live surgery, or go and stand in the OT to see it how painful the procedure is. Even u cant see it when they inject local anaesthesia in ur scalp, its 4-5 full syringe injection. They can only plant 300-400 graft,and they would claim that they have transplanted 5000-6000 follicles.

Ask any plastic surgeon, and they will tell u that its not possible to transplant 5000-6000 follicles in one session, its always grafts which is transplanted (Each graft contains 2-3 follicles). So they are not the experts, but they cheat people with fake pics of Jacues Kallis, and Saurav Ganguli. For Ganguly they will even show you the contract which is fake. We guys fall prey due to swanky interiors and our need to check the hair loss.

FYI

Hair loss can never be stopped, its a medical condition which could only be delayed through Minoxildil 10% but due care and medical practioner advixe has to be taken before using tropical/oral minoxidil. It will work for the first few months and then stop working later on as nothing goes inside of our skin.

WIG/CLIP wig/ better than AHS is available at many other companies at a much much lower price, you only need to check which company suits your needs.

For Surgery, you need to meet the experts from AIIMS or any other better hospital to seek advise for FUE or FUT. FUE is better when done by robots.

however if there is Alopecia arreata/totalis/universalis, nothing will work, one has to wear a wig coz thats a disease and nothing works.

If you want to check this Dr. Manoj Khanna credentials (AHS much touted surgeon), google his name, you will find his own clinic in Kolkata, and there he perform surgery at Rs. 30-40 per follicle then why he charges for the same procedure at Rs. 100-150 per follicle at AHS. Now you can undrstand the nexus and crookedness of these AHS and Manoj Khanna.

Dr. Amit Gupta (of AHS) is a local Delhi surgeon who again runs his private clinic in South X Delhi, and he performs surgery at Rs. 10-30 per follicle at his clinic.
Dr. Gowda (of AHS) is a local Bangalorian and he has done not more than 10 surgeries. At his private clinic Dr Gowda charges Rs 10 per graft (means 2-3 follicle).

Now just imagine, if they have told you for 5000 follicle, you will end up paying Rs. 7.5 lakhs @Rs. 150 per follicle rate for Dr. Manoj Khanna where as same will cost you Rs. 2 lakhs for 5000 follicles @ Rs. 40 per follicle at his Kolkata clinic.

So why AHS is charging 5.5 lakhs more for no extra services and facilities??? Coz they are thugs and dacoits.

AHS
Dr.Batra's
A's Clinic

they are all the gang of crooked people and they take advantage of our psychological bent of mind towards HAIR and our physical appearance. I dnt think that you will RISK ur health and Life for the sake of appearance until and unless you really have met the right surgeon.
  #122   Top  
Old 02-19-2012, 08:13 PM

I appreciate the information by the B Spot & Hairbank...they bring up good questions and really, "the proof is in the pudding" show the pictures. Talk is cheap. I too was considering several MD's mentioned but will now take the time to research past performances. thanks
  #123   Top  
Old 05-30-2012, 05:54 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

Default Surgery Terms & Contract

Does anyone know about the contract and conditions we have to sign for hair transplant surgery? Is there any standard? Do you have anything to share?
  #124   Top  
Old 06-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Default Who is the best FUE surgeon in India?

Due to money aspects I have decided my procedure must be done in India. I can not go through FUT again as they did a poor job. I will like to know the best surgeons in India in terms of results and know how in the field of ;plug correction, getting the most out of donor hair(i suffer from retrograde alopecia as seen),and one who can work well with caucasian patients.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hair.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	30598  
  #125   Top  
Old 06-17-2012, 12:53 AM

Hell All,
I stay in bangalore , India , and looking for HT.
I spoke to Dr.Kishore Babu , New you clinic , bangalore and he suggested me to got for 2500 gft for a good result.

i was very much happy after consulting with him. nice guy and very knowledgeable.

I like to know if anyone under gone HT through New you clinic , bangalroe... if YES then could you please let me know the review.

And what is the expected price he can charge .

Thanks
All for the help
  #126   Top  
Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 AM

Hello All,
i am from bangalore and looking for a HT.

I visited new you clinic , bangalore and consulted with Dr. kishore... after the discussion i was very happy about the process and result he explained to me.

I like to is there anyone undergone HT through Dr. Kishore... if YES please share your exparience..

and also what is the price i can expect for HT .... he told be for 2500 gft

Thanks
in Advance
  #127   Top  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:36 AM

Default Regrowth Injection on scalp

Hi All,

Hope people reading this post will provide their valuable suggestion.

I am consulting Dr P L Chandravathi in hyderabad India for my hair loss. I am 30 yrs female having severe hairloss all over the scalp.
Doctor said I am not suitable for HT as its getting scanity all over.

My hormones level comes out to be normal.

Doctor has advised to for Aldactone, Minioxidil. Also suggested that I can go for some hair regrowth injection, didnt say about the name... that might simulate growth. What I am observing that the hair are becoming brittle. and have lotsa small hair
SO worried about miniaturization of the follicles,

I don't know what will be the condition if most of the follicle get in miniaturization state. I get wild with the thought that there is no medication which can help me.

So please suggest if getting this regrowth injection can help to activate dormant follicles, what cldnt side effects of it. I don't want to loose hair because of this.

And what could be the workaround for my case taking into consideration that I am losing hair all over. Is that I have to use wig or some kinda of hair pieces only in future? How far these things available for women. Being a woman its so difficult to face that I am going bald, have no solution and might be need to live without having hair... such a psychological traumatic situation.

Please help
Thanks in advance
  #128   Top  
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 AM

Hi All,

Hope people reading this post will provide their valuable suggestion.

I am consulting Dr P L Chandravathi in hyderabad India for my hair loss. I am 30 yrs female having severe hairloss all over the scalp.
Doctor said I am not suitable for HT as its getting scanity all over.

My hormones level comes out to be normal.

Doctor has advised to for Aldactone, Minioxidil. Also suggested that I can go for some hair regrowth injection, didnt say about the name... that might simulate growth. What I am observing that the hair are becoming brittle. and have lotsa small hair
SO worried about miniaturization of the follicles,

I don't know what will be the condition for most of the follicle get in miniaturization state. I get wild with the thought that there are no medication which can help me.

So please suggest if getting this regrowth injection can help to activate dormant follicles, what cld be the side effects of it. I dont want to loose hair because of this.

And what could be the workaround for my case taking into consideration that I am losing hair all over. Is that I have to use wig or some kinda of hair pieces only in future? How far these things available for women. Being a woman its so difficult to face that I am going bald, have no solution and have to live without it... such a psychological traumatic situation.

Please help
Thanks in advance
  #129   Top  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:52 AM

Hi Noway,

I am new to this blog.. i think i am also facing the same problem of Alopecia.. i am 30 now and at the age of 22 i noticed small round patch on my head got treatment with Homeopathy and Ayurveda, hair started growing and it was all fine but now i see the same kind of patched growing on my head and beard.. it gets cured while taking medicine and again appears after some months...

Kind of wired that no permanent solution is available... i visited hair transplant recently but he could not assure me any guarantee as the transplanted hair might also not grow...

I have no clue how this is gonna end.. more terrible part is that i am really worried abt getting married as this might affect my children (not sure)

I will keep you informed if i see good improvement from the current medication.. please also keep me posted if you are able to get permanent solution...
  #130   Top  
Old 08-04-2012, 08:38 AM

Hi, I,m considering going to this place. Could you advise me please as it looks like you have been. What is the result now of your procedure, are you happy

Italiano