Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Results Posted by Patients Feel free to post your hair transplant photos here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 02:26 PM
Celestial Follicle Club Member

Arrow Spanker's 2,110 Graft FUT with Dr. Konior

So the trigger has been pulled, After over 2 years of research, my day has come. I have not received my numbers yet, but I will put it in my signature block when I get them.

First, let me say that Dr. Konior is completely awesome. My surgery was 10 hours and the only time his was not by my side was when I went to the bathroom, which I am thankful for, because it was a single toilet restroom and would have made it kind of awkward .

I can tell you that the man is a machine. He works a lot of hours and has great stamina. He was totally focused the entire time and he and his team were extremely fluid. He has the energy of a 25 year old, the wisdom of.....well....a man of his age (haha Dr. K), and the skill of someone that can only be described as a master of his craft. I do not feel that for me, I could have chosen a better surgeon. If HT docs had an All-Star team, he would definitely be on it, and he would have my vote to be captain of the team as well (call me partial). That entire day I knew that Dr. K's 100% focus was giving me a desirable result. That meant quite a bit to me.

If someone who is seriously considering Dr. K, please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will also be letting Dr. K and Tom know that I may be used as a reference patient and will be willing to meet prospective patients in my area if asked. I know that is saying a lot having not had it grow out yet, but on the .000001 percent chance that it doesn't grow right, I know the doctor and I will be able to work things out.

Everything went just great and I am very thankful to Dr. Konior and his staff. I live in TN and if Dr. K had car trouble on the highway and couldn't get anyone to pick him up, I would drive up and give him a lift, that is how much I think of him (he would just have to wait 8.5 hours.)

The surgery went very smooth with pretty much zero pain, even including the injections. I don't remember much except hearing that I have a high number of 3's, which is good IMO if I ever have to do any vertex work. I did not even know when the strip was removed, I was expecting to hear a lot of ripping or crunching noise or something, but he got it out like butter.

Right now I am about a 2-3 on pain in the donor area. Just enough to know that it is there, but not enough to complain about. Were I in a social setting instead of alone in a hotel, I probably would not notice it.

My goal was to be a really good patient and make it as easy on the doctor and the staff as I could. I did my best to not move or complain. I told the doctor that if I did fall asleep I would probably jump out of it, which I did, twice, Luckily I don't think I messed anything up. I was asleep about 75 percent of the procedure.

Upon my request, I wanted the hairline a little above my natural one and wanted some conservative corners. I put a red line on the pic below where the doctor began grafting.

On a different note, I would also like to thank Aaron1234 for meeting me up here. He came and hung out and we got some pizza Sunday night and then we watched "Breaking Bad." He let me check out his HT and scars and I showed him my areas of concern and let him check out my CVG (the wrinkles on my head). If someone were to have looked through the window, we would have looked like we were monkeys grooming each other. Since I drove down alone it was really nice to be able to hang out and keep my mind off of the next day. I now considered him a "real life" friend.

So thank you Dr. K and staff and thanks Aaron1234.

Below are my picks of Day 0, Day 1 and I added one of me and Aaron1234, which I think the regular posters will appreciate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Image.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	32612   Click image for larger version

Name:	ht1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	32613   Click image for larger version

Name:	sp and a.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	32614  
I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Last edited by Spanker; 07-31-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
  #2   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Cheers Spanker. I am sure you will be thrilled with the results.

Heal and grow well...

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010
Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com...asp?WebID=2452
  #3   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
New Real Hair Club Member

Spanker
are you sure the procedure was yesterday, I dont see any redness in pic1 and pic 2 looks like a #2 buzzcut on perfect skin...damn that looks nice

Fugly ole' Duck
  #4   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 03:00 PM

Nice write up. Man, that is some very cleaaaaaaan work. It looks great and you have great hair to compliment it when this grows out. Very refined, awesome work by the doc. 10 hours and he was at your side at all times, now that is 110% 1st class treatment. The last pic of both you fellas is lol. I keep thinking of you as that guy when I see Spanker written anywhere. It's nice to hear everything was smooth and you also had Aaron to hang out with and for support. Heal well and thanks for the update.
  #5   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

wow!
that's a thick head of hair behind the buzz

looks like a winner

congrats
  #6   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 04:48 PM

Congratulations Spanker.

Sounds like it was a memorable experience and the praise for Dr Konior is fully justified.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.
  #7   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Congrats man, as others have said, very clean work, will look great grown out!
  #8   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

We were waiting to hear how thing went, man, it sounds like it could not have gone better. You are going to have one great hairline! Congrats!!
  #9   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 PM

Thanks everyone. My pain in the donor has picked up a bit this afternoon. I also decided to walk around the hotel uncovered as see if I could get some weird stares.

Mission accomplished.
I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.
  #10   Top  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 PM

Congrats on the HT Spanker. The work looks great and judging from the pics you had a very solid base to start with. Your hair is gonna look awesome. And yes, Aaron is a real good dude...nice of him to meet up with you!
HT #1: Karamikian Unknown # of grafts Sept.2006

HT#2 Nov.23rd, 2007
Dr.Feller
Almost 3200 grafts via strip

HT#3 April 2010
Fue 200/side into temple points

HT#4 February 2011

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller