Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Non Surgical Treatments for Baldness > Shampoos, sprays, and concealers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Shampoos, sprays, and concealers Share your opinions and experiences about various shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays and concealers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 07-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Default Which first, Toppik or Couvre

I have been using Toppik for years. Just added Couvre to my routine. Which one should be put on first?
  #2   Top  
Old 07-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

defn couvre first
  #3   Top  
Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 AM

why couvre first?
  #4   Top  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

have u tried it yet?
  #5   Top  
Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Follicular Genie

rsn,

Both Couvre and Toppik are topical concealers and work differently. However, is there any particular reason you want to wear both at the same time? I do agree that if you intend on wearing both that you should apply Couvre first. This masking lotion can create less of a color contrast ratio between your hair and scalp and then toppik should aid in a thicker appearance of your hair.

You can buy both COUVre and Toppik via our online hair loss treatment shop.

Best wishes,

Bill

View our hair loss articles on EZineArticles.com

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Subscribe to our Newsletters | How We Recommend Physicians

-----

To learn about how I restored my hair, view my my hair loss website.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.
  #6   Top  
Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 PM

Well, after I read the post here, I started using couvre first. I haven't tried using toppik first. I am still not sure why you would want to use couvre first.

As for why I would use both, I think you look fuller by using a little of both rather than twice as much of just one. They work in different ways. Couvre is make up that makes your scalp black, so that you don't see such a contrast between my black hair and pale scalp. It is a bit messy especially the less bald you are. And it takes awhile to put on. The problem with couvre is you really want it only on your scalp, but there is no way to avoid getting some on your hair. And the more hair you have, the more couvre will get on your hair instead of scalp.

Toppik you want on your hair. It is tiny fibers that attach to the hair and make them look thicker. It is less messy and quicker to put on. If you were going to do only one, I would use Toppik. But as I have gotten balder and balder, I have now added Couvre.

I must say a Couvre / Toppik application will make you look thicker than a 5,000 graft transplant.

They do a good job on the crown, but as far as lowering your hair line, Toppik does nothing. Couvre does just a little because you can put the make up in the corners and try to brush some hair down over it. I wish I could figure out something to lower my hair line in the center, to supplement transplants. For the transplant I had my doctor was conservative. He put most of the 2700 grafts in the front third of the face, but higher up, not lowering my hairline any except in the corners. He didn't want me to have a halo of grafted hair, if I bald further.