Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Non Surgical Treatments for Baldness > Future Medical treatments

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Future Medical treatments Discuss future possible treatments for hair loss like new drugs, gene therapy, hair follicle cloning, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_HT_Doc View Post
AIM,

Here's the issue (as I see it) ...

In science, if you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you. If you stand up and claim "I can cure diabetes," then it is your responsibility to set up a clinical trial, test the hypothesis, and prove you can, in fact, cure diabetes. If you stand up, make a claim, provide no real proof, and then chastise the rest of the scientific community for not adapting to your unproven method, you're in the wrong.

At this point in time, the procedure has been established, demonstrated some efficacy (in legitimate journals), but is still not accepted as the new norm by the hair restoration community.

To me, this means one of two things: 1. Widespread conspiracy; frankly, I do not believe this is the case. 2. The proof was offered and was either a. not convincing enough to create change, or b. not significant enough to properly demonstrate its true worth. As you guys are probably well aware, I personally think the potential here is huge. Of all the future treatments currently being tested, I think unlimited donor supply procedures are going to be big in the future. However, despite the potential it has, despite what it may or may not have done for other patients, as of now, I don't think the burden of proof falls onto other physicians. I think it is up to the creators of the procedure and satisfied patients to make the change.

LOL, dude he put out peer reviewed papers for 10 years showing the progression of the theory and finally the procedure itself. He has a large study coming out in the next year. Anyway, good luck selling FUTs for another 6-12 months before FUT/FUE Dday.
  #42   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Administrator
Follicular Genie

Fin,

Nobody here is selling hair transplants. We are an educational website and community that promotes the free exchange of ideas and opinions on today's and future hair loss treatments. The publishers, moderators and members of this community all hope advanced procedures with unlimited donor hair and/or other innovative treatments do become regularly available and widespread. But at this time, most are in their infancy stages and/or are still undergoing testing and are not showing results to the same degree of efficacy as today's hair transplants. Hopefully, this will change in time.

But frankly, I'm getting tired of watching you disrespect our moderators and community just because you disagree with dissenting opinions. There is no conspiracy to cover up or stop innovation. In fact, we do our best to report on it and encourage open discussion about it. Thus, I trust and expect further responses from you will be more respectful.

Thanks,

Bill

View our hair loss articles on EZineArticles.com

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Subscribe to our Newsletters | How We Recommend Physicians

-----

To learn about how I restored my hair, view my my hair loss website.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.
  #43   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Follicular Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHairLoss View Post
LOL, dude he put out peer reviewed papers for 10 years showing the progression of the theory and finally the procedure itself. He has a large study coming out in the next year. Anyway, good luck selling FUTs for another 6-12 months before FUT/FUE Dday.
I truthfully wonder if you're even reading what my saying/analyzing my opinion on the procedure.

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
  #44   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Follicular Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill - Managing Publisher View Post
Fin,

Nobody here is selling hair transplants. We are an educational website and community that promotes the free exchange of ideas and opinions on today's and future hair loss treatments. The publishers, moderators and members of this community all hope advanced procedures with unlimited donor hair and/or other innovative treatments do become regularly available and widespread. But at this time, most are in their infancy stages and/or are still undergoing testing and are not showing results to the same degree of efficacy as today's hair transplants. Hopefully, this will change in time.

But frankly, I'm getting tired of watching you disrespect our moderators and community just because you disagree with dissenting opinions. There is no conspiracy to cover up or stop innovation. In fact, we do our best to report on it and encourage open discussion about it. Thus, I trust and expect further responses from you will be more respectful.

Thanks,

Bill
Nicely stated!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

#45   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

IMHO the Dr's that are accepted and pay to post their results here are in hopes of selling transplants. It's a business decision and likely one they have each decided is a good one. While we all want the best for everyone in our position, it's still a business. Again, IMHO.
  #46   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Administrator
Follicular Genie

Sgs,

And Dr. Gho is hoping to make his procedure effective and marketable enough to sell his procedure as well.

Nobody is denying that physicians want to make money. The implication behind Finhairloss' post was that the publishers of this community are attempting to suppress discussion about potentially new treatments in order to sell hair transplants. This is simply not the case. This community embraces the latest proven treatments and also recommends physicians that are outstanding at performing them. If Dr. Gho's procedure is eventually proven as or more effective than current methods, we'll begin prescreening and recommend the best physicians at performing that procedure as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

View our hair loss articles on EZineArticles.com

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Subscribe to our Newsletters | How We Recommend Physicians

-----

To learn about how I restored my hair, view my my hair loss website.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.
  #47   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

While i have respect for all talented doctors regardless which procedure they do, and i don't see any problem with doctors marketing their work.
But i really don't understand what more ppl need to consider HST legit, Dr. Gho provided scientific peer reviewed papers about his technique, he performed on advanced cases amd also did work on public figures where no scammers will dare to do since they are under the spot and if his technique does not work as claimed he will be exposed, he is welling to proove his technique to any doctor who is intrested, he has clinics in diffrent countries and cities for like 4 years since he started doing HST with no complaints or lawsuits amd he is still expanding, some online forum members went through HST and seemed satisfied and documented their case, Dr. Gho won all lawsuits from doctors who claimed he was scammer, so im comfused what more ppl are asking for ?
Actually some ppl just criticize Gho for the results of less than 2000 grafts on his webpage which if he was scammer, this is the easiest part to fool ppl with as explained in the below link

As i said before, i don't think any surgery will replace the other, this will only give patients more options, but let's be realistic, what more proof do you guys expect to say HST is legit ?

Some ppl say that they won't beleive in it unless they see nw7 become nw1, which means that they will ignore all evidence and wait for years to see that happen, and that's for a simple reason, to make that transformation you need more than 10000 grafts.
Dr. Gho just recently started to do bigger sessions (up to 2000) grafts since before he used to do 500 to 600 grafts and as we all know you have to wait 9 to 12 months between sessions and since HST been out there for like 4 years so of course no such case existed yet, but i beleive we will see this transformation within couple of years (and im sure dr. Gho would not accept to perform on nw6 celebrity like dean saunders unless he beleives he can make that transformation) but should we really waste all those years waiting for this transformation to happen to accept this procedure ? I think that is a bad idea
  #48   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Follicular Master

AIM,

If you've reviewed all the information and the evidence is sufficient for you, then you've proceeded cautiously and should feel confident with the procedure. However, as I stated earlier, if the claim was made, the evidence was presented, and it still didn't revolutionize the field, it's very possible that the procedure was not impressive enough to become the new norm. Does this mean it doesn't work? Absolutely not. It simply means that, as of now, it doesn't present enough evidence to replace the current gold standard.

Despite what others are stating, this is actually extremely common in medicine. Look at pharmaceuticals, for example. Say a drug to treat Parkinson's disease is currently the gold standard and must be utilized by physicians in order to offer the accepted standard of care. Every day, pharmaceutical companies are researching and testing new drugs to better fight the same disease. In many instances, new drugs that "work" just fine are presented, tested against the standard, but still fail to present enough evidence to upset the norm. Does it mean that these drugs don't technically work? No. Does it mean that the new drug doesn't present some advantages over the current standard drug? No. However, what it does mean is that the drug did not present enough evidence to become the new standard of care.

Like I've said numerous times, I think unlimited donor supply procedures are going to be huge. In theory, I could easily see these become the standard of care one day. What's more, I do my best to stay up to date with these procedures and would love to do what I can to further their advancement. However, as of now, I simply cannot state that they ARE the current gold standard or that they SHOULD replace FUE/FUT as the best available treatment.

However, as Bill stated earlier, we are an educational community and serve to help others find the most up-to-date information about hair restoration. If individuals come to the forums, read the information about the Gho procedure, feel they've completed adequate research, and would like to go through with the procedure, then that's absolutely fine. However, all I can say for now is that the rest of the hair restoration community is not as convinced.

Again, I'm all for the future of this procedure and can't wait to see it continue evolving and improving. Like Bill said, if it does become the standard of care, we will happily begin recommending physicians offering unlimited donor supply procedures!

#49   Top  
Old 07-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Just to keep this topic updated with HST news.

Singer Gerard Joling judst had his 3rd HST procedure:

Weer nieuw haar voor Gerard – Shownieuws.tv

Total HST grafts so far:

2009 : 1500 Grafts
2011 : 1650 Grafts
2012 : 1670 Grafts

also before starting with HST, Gerard Joling had a strip HT before 2009.
  #50   Top  
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Forum Co-Moderator
Follicular Master

Thanks for the update!

Interesting to see Dr. Gho removing grafts from below the previous FUT scar. It looks like the extractions may have been beyond the universal donor area, and, in theory, these grafts should be more susceptible to DHT. However, it could have just appeared that way because of the placement of the previous FUT scar.

Is that gentlemen (Gerard Josling) very famous in Europe?