Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Veteran Real Hair Club Member

Post Did it finally!

Hey guys!

I finally got my HT done with Dr Radha in Vizag. I really have no words about how great she is, I wish I could go to her for all my medical troubles!

Just wanted to start this thread and will post details (elaborate details ) and my overall experience once I am home and also have pics from Dr Radha.

Cheers!
  #2   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Follicular Salvation Club Member

Newguyintown,

Congrats on yr HT with Dr Radha. Hopefully you will keep us posted on your progress.
Grow well

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014
  #3   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Thanks irishsailor,

I am going to try my best to keep the forum updated
  #4   Top  
Old 07-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Guru Real Hair Club Member

Congrats! Happy growing!
  #5   Top  
Old 07-22-2012, 01:53 AM

Keep it going.....
  #6   Top  
Old 07-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Forum Co-Moderator
Celestial Follicle Club Member

newguyintown,

Congratulations! Dr. Radha has quickly earned a reputation here for delivering the goods. Please share some photos and keep us posted on your progress.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website
  #7   Top  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Thank you all for your good wishes.
  #8   Top  
Old 07-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Mentor Real Hair Club Member

Congrats NGIT. Look forward to the pics.
  #9   Top  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:48 PM

Ok so here it goes...

HT was never really on my mind. I just kept thinking that may be I will get it done if one day I am totally bald. In April of this year I started contemplating it seriously since I realised extent of my baldness. At the same time I started looking for various resources to do my research before taking the plunge and came across this wonderful website/forum. So after reading up a lot of articles and various threads, I made up my mind and wanted to get an HT done. I started reading up on doctors in India and had shortlisted a few and sent them emails with my pictures and asking for their opinion.

I finally chose Dr. Radha (and I am SO SO happy that I did) and tried to schedule an appointment with her during last week of June but couldn't because of work. Finally had it scheduled and reached Vizag a day before the surgery. (May I suggest you guys to check out Fortune Inn Sree Kanya for your stay, a very nice hotel for a very decent cost)

As per the plan I met Dr. Radha a day before the surgery for a proper consultation during which we discussed the strategy (recipient area, number of grafts etc) for the surgery and what should I expect. Dr. Radha was very helpful and explained clearly about how much grafts should we be targeting and how can we use them (by marking lines on my head) during the discussion. Dr. suggested to have density instead of lowering the hairline and I agreed; so the plan was to get anything between 3500-4000 grafts and use them to increase the density in the front and at the crown. I was given some kind of shampoo to wash my head that night and next morning before the surgery and some pre-surgery instructions like not to have any tea/coffee etc.

Next morning I reached the clinic at 8.30AM and was made to change in the clinic clothes and was given some antibiotics and valium to relax. Later had my pics taken (attached) before the surgery and then had the tentative markings on the head for the recipient area. Doctor also gave me a rough estimate about the number of grafts which we will be able to get from the donor area (and she was spot on!). We moved to the OT next where the first session was the extraction of the donor strip. I lied face down which took about two hours approximately. There wasn't much pain and whenever there was going to be an injection I was always told by the doctor that there is going to be a small prick. I loved that part, all the transparency, keeping you informed at all times. the most difficult part for me during that session was lying face down , felt a little suffocated but the doctor gave me a break whenever I wanted it.

After a small lunch break (during which delicious lunch was served!), we resumed and the separation of grafts according to the number of hairs was still being done by the doctor's assistants. Starting with the front, the grafts were planted as per the earlier plan and then we moved to the crown area. I am not sure if I was very fidgety but I was given valium which put me into a half awake/half sleepy state.

Unfortunately the density in my donor area was just about average and we were able to get only 3090 drafts )(doctor predicted 3000 before the surgery so a small part of crown which was also in the plan was left untouched. We finished at around 6/6.30 after which the doctor met me again and explained how it went, told me the number of each type of grafts and the total number of hairs (I didn't quite note it down) and gave some of the post surgery instructions. Went straight to the hotel after that, ordered room service and went to sleep without any pain though I was given pills to have should there be any pain.

Next morning went for the hairwash and was told how to wash it properly for the next 2 weeks atleast. Was also given antibiotics and painkiller for the next 4 days. I quickly asked some of the questions I had (I made them work on a Sunday !) and left to check out and catch the flight.

All in all, I LOVED how Dr. Radha (and her staff too) took care of me and was there almost the entire time of the surgery. In fact whenever she went out of the OT, she mentioned that she is going and will be back in a few minutes. I really really wish I could goto her for any medical issue that I may have. She wasn't even worried about the payment, I made a calculation error and was a little embarassed when I realised had given her 10 grands less (she charged only for 3000 grafts). Fortunately realised that in time and quickly got the rest of the money from the ATM near her clinic.

And the let the ugly phase begin!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8529.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	32322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8531.jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	32323   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8542.jpg
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	32324   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8548.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	32325   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8554.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	32326  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8555.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	32327   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8556.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	32328   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8558.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	32329   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8559.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	32330  
  #10   Top  
Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 PM

Congratulations! Grow well and stay away from mirrors for about 4-5 (looooong) months :-)

Tags
fut, hair transplant, radha, vishakapatnam, vizag