Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Restoration Questions and Answers Post a question for other knowledgeable forum members here. Any hair loss sufferers with good advice are also encouraged to respond.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Top  
Old 03-14-2018, 09:04 AM
swiftwindwalker's Avatar
Junior Member
Veteran Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Last Online: Today 06:38 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakia7 View Post
If you have friends making fun of your hair loss, you need new friends!
Totally Agree, but I wish I had a social life after work - but really difficult to socialise after work due to long working hours :/
Reply With Quote
  #12   Top  
Old 03-14-2018, 05:19 PM
Shera's Avatar
Senior Member
Mentor Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 489
Last Online: Today 07:44 AM
Default

Hi Swift,

It is a very strong possibility that your Finasteride usage reduced your hairloss further whilst you were taking it. Unfortunately you will only realise if it had an affect once you stop taking it and your native hair continues to recede.

It is my opinion and many others on the forum that Finasteride is the main drug that will slow down your hairloss long term.

As for your plan with Dr Bhatti, it seems reasonable to me but as you are local perhaps you should take the time to visit the new state of the art clinic before your actual consultation a day before your surgery, the best time to go is after 3.00 pm.

Of course if you wish to bounce anything of me then feel free to contact me direct.
__________________
Kindest Regards

Shera


UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti
Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Dr. Tejinder Bhatti MS, DNB, M.Ch (Plastic Surgery), FAIS, FICS (USA) is recommended at the at Hair Transplant Network.
View My FUE HT Story
View Darling Buds India website
View Dr Bhatti's Youtube Channel
UK Email :
darlingbudsUK@gmail.com
UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
Reply With Quote
  #13   Top  
Old 03-16-2018, 01:45 PM
swiftwindwalker's Avatar
Junior Member
Veteran Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Last Online: Today 06:38 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shera View Post
Hi Swift,

It is a very strong possibility that your Finasteride usage reduced your hairloss further whilst you were taking it. Unfortunately you will only realise if it had an affect once you stop taking it and your native hair continues to recede.

It is my opinion and many others on the forum that Finasteride is the main drug that will slow down your hairloss long term.

As for your plan with Dr Bhatti, it seems reasonable to me but as you are local perhaps you should take the time to visit the new state of the art clinic before your actual consultation a day before your surgery, the best time to go is after 3.00 pm.

Of course if you wish to bounce anything of me then feel free to contact me direct.
Thanks Shera for your reply, I have read your own wonderful hair transplant journey and lot of your posts on this forum which helped me on deciding to go with Dr. Bhatti.

Its been almost 6 months since I have stopped Finasteride and I haven't seen any major shed, do you reckon I should go back to the pill?

Chandigarh is my hometown, but I'm living in Pune for work - will only be able to catch him a day before the actual planned surgery

Post surgery, can I wear one of these caps? the regular caps don't fit my head for some reason. I have to wear something to work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 12.13.13 AM.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	120376  
Reply With Quote
  #14   Top  
Old 03-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Shera's Avatar
Senior Member
Mentor Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 489
Last Online: Today 07:44 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwindwalker View Post
Thanks Shera for your reply, I have read your own wonderful hair transplant journey and lot of your posts on this forum which helped me on deciding to go with Dr. Bhatti.

Its been almost 6 months since I have stopped Finasteride and I haven't seen any major shed, do you reckon I should go back to the pill?

Chandigarh is my hometown, but I'm living in Pune for work - will only be able to catch him a day before the actual planned surgery

Post surgery, can I wear one of these caps? the regular caps don't fit my head for some reason. I have to wear something to work
Hey Swift,

Thanks for the acknowledgement, I'm so glad my posts have helped you.

Dr Bhatti recommends Finasteride for 6 months post procedure, if you coped well last time then you should follow his advice. Many patients opt to get a years supply of meds because they are so much less costly in India, but as you are based in India you can get them anytime. You could cut down on the Finasteride to even 0.5mg every other day after the 6-12 months, I believe this smaller dosage will still help preserve your native hair.

Judging from your pics, you will be fine seeing Dr Bhatti a day before surgery, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the surgery will not go ahead as planned. You will be having the surgery at the swanky new clinic, you will be impressed. A great addition to your proud city.

As for the headgear, you will be fine as long as for the first few weeks you wear the supplied bandana underneath the beanie to protect your scalp. Feel free to contact me direct if you need any more support.

I look forward to seeing you progress, I hope you share your experience as I did.

I wish you all the best.
__________________
Kindest Regards

Shera


UK Representative and Patient Adviser for Dr. Tejinder Bhatti
Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Dr. Tejinder Bhatti MS, DNB, M.Ch (Plastic Surgery), FAIS, FICS (USA) is recommended at the at Hair Transplant Network.
View My FUE HT Story
View Darling Buds India website
View Dr Bhatti's Youtube Channel
UK Email :
darlingbudsUK@gmail.com
UK Freephone : 0800 634 8588
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.
Reply With Quote
  #15   Top  
Old 04-16-2018, 12:36 PM
swiftwindwalker's Avatar
Junior Member
Veteran Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Last Online: Today 06:38 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shera View Post
Hey Swift,

Thanks for the acknowledgement, I'm so glad my posts have helped you.

Dr Bhatti recommends Finasteride for 6 months post procedure, if you coped well last time then you should follow his advice. Many patients opt to get a years supply of meds because they are so much less costly in India, but as you are based in India you can get them anytime. You could cut down on the Finasteride to even 0.5mg every other day after the 6-12 months, I believe this smaller dosage will still help preserve your native hair.

Judging from your pics, you will be fine seeing Dr Bhatti a day before surgery, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the surgery will not go ahead as planned. You will be having the surgery at the swanky new clinic, you will be impressed. A great addition to your proud city.

As for the headgear, you will be fine as long as for the first few weeks you wear the supplied bandana underneath the beanie to protect your scalp. Feel free to contact me direct if you need any more support.

I look forward to seeing you progress, I hope you share your experience as I did.

I wish you all the best.
Thanks for your advice Shera, I have just got my HT done today by Dr Bhatti. I will be creating a new post with my experience and pics, will keep it updated as to help anyone in need. I will ask Dr Bhatti about Finasteride tomorrow
Reply With Quote
  #16   Top  
Old 04-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Panamera13's Avatar
Junior Member
New Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 11
Last Online: 04-20-2018 10:00 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwindwalker View Post
Hi All,

I am 31 years old and soon going to be 32 in the next few months, have been losing hair for the past 5 years. I have tried using both Minoxidil and Finpecia for about a year together and then stopped about 6 months back, as I just couldn't see myself doing it any further for the rest of my life. I'm not sure if it did stop my hair loss or helped regrow some, as there was nothing noticeable to my eye.

I've been following this forum for about 2 years as a silent spectator while deciding if I really needed a hair transplant (Parents being against it) or should I wait further or look for an alternate solution (Hair System?). I've really been stressed for the past few years due to the hair loss and it did impact my self confidence, with some individuals (friends/colleagues) making jokes in public about the balding spot didn't help either. Being unmarried and balding is not making it easier for me.

The forum helped me reading through all the patient's reviews and their journeys. I then decided I do need a HT, so it finally came down between Dr Bhatti and Dr Lorenzo, but considering the cost (wasn't that important factor) and Chandigarh also being my home town, I opted for Dr Bhatti and fixed my appointment with him over email for the next month.

After discussing with Dr Bhatti over the email, he mentioned I'm Norwood 3V and that I would need 1500 grafts for the front, 1000 grafts to cover my crown. My hair other than the balding spot is reasonably thick, I have attached the pictures to give a fair idea.

Need everyones honest view on the frontal hairline, should I lower it further or continue with the same? Do you think 1000 grafts will be enough for the crown?

How much density should I be aiming for at the front and the crown while making sure I do not waste my donor area (as I may at some time in future need it again, I hope not - but still)

Should I consider transplanting my chest hair instead for the crown, instead of wasting the donor area at the back? If yes, will it look unnatural considering the hair surrounding it is thick and original hair (instead of the chest hair)?

I will of course be discussing this with Dr Bhatti in person (didn't feel like bombarding him with so many questions over email), but I will be in a better situation if I have everyones view and I got almost a month to ponder over it.

Would love everyones view

PS: I'm suffering from Hypothyroidism (under control via pills).
Please focus on other important things in life. Your hair looks just fine.

for the small balding spot use toppik/fiber. and yes get some new friends.
Reply With Quote
  #17   Top  
Old 04-17-2018, 02:14 AM
swiftwindwalker's Avatar
Junior Member
Veteran Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Last Online: Today 06:38 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panamera13 View Post
Please focus on other important things in life. Your hair looks just fine.

for the small balding spot use toppik/fiber. and yes get some new friends.
I agree on getting new friends, problem with toppik/fiber is that for some reason it doesn't last a day for me. I did however think about getting a hair system just for the crown, but then it requires maintenance and good ones are bit pricy if I see myself using it for a long period.
I did have my HT done yesterday. Will keep it updated.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...dr-bhatti.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bhatti, crown hair restoration, fue, hairline design, vertex

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.