Hair Restoration Discussion Forum - By and For Hair Loss Patients
Go Back   Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients > Surgical Hair Restoration > Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews

Welcome! This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going back several years. To research a topic or physician, click on "Search" and enter the name.

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and or create your own profile, blog and photo album. Registration is easy, private and free so Join Today!

If you have any problems with the registration or login process, please contact us. If you are new please visit our FAQ.

Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews Share your own hair transplant experiences with others here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61   Top  
Old 12-07-2017, 08:38 AM
vchorro's Avatar
Member
Veteran Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 46
Last Online: 05-24-2018 03:21 PM
Default

Hello HG1!

How are you doing, mate?
Reply With Quote
  #62   Top  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:13 PM
HG1's Avatar
HG1 HG1 is offline
Senior Member
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 197
Last Online: 05-06-2018 02:44 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchorro View Post
Hello HG1!

How are you doing, mate?
Hi vchorro,
I'm doing well thank you. Six weeks ago today I finished my second day of the procedure so I'm exactly 4 weeks ahead of you. Read your update earlier, and things are looking good for you. It is almost certain you will shed some hair, but fingers crossed you are one of the lucky ones.
No change for me really 95% of the transplanted hair has gone together with some native hair In a couple of weeks I should be at the half way mark of where I should see some growth. I'm getting a little impatient, but knew it's a slow progress. It's great reading other people progress, especially when the hair starts to appear. Keep us updated, as I will be following your journey.
__________________
5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak


http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ransplant.html
Reply With Quote
  #63   Top  
Old 12-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Jammerz's Avatar
Member
Veteran Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 30
Last Online: 05-22-2018 08:43 AM
Default

Hi HG1, how did you find traveling back to UK, was you allowed to cover your head in any way? Would you recommend travelling home the day after surgery or rest in hotel for 5days or another amount of days?

Thanks for posting the daily updates for first 7 days it’s helped me expect what’s to come in the days after surgery. I hope to get a great result after surgery like yourself I find your posts very informative
Reply With Quote
  #64   Top  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Bill - Managing Publisher's Avatar
Administrator
Follicular Genie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 18,899
Last Online: Yesterday 04:55 PM
Default

HG1,

Sorry for the late congratulations on your somewhat recent hair transplant. I believe you said you are 6 weeks in? So I imagine you are still healing and most of your hair has shed? If you have recent pictures, we'd love to see them, especially multiple angles of the scalp, including the donor area. Dr. Erdogan is outstanding, so I trust you will be very happy.

Best wishes,

Bill
__________________
I am the managing publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog and the Hair Loss Forum. I am also a 4 time hair transplant patient. View my patient hair loss website to view my entire hair restoration journey with photos.

Remember, true beauty radiates from within, not from the skin.


I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.
Reply With Quote
  #65   Top  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:12 PM
HG1's Avatar
HG1 HG1 is offline
Senior Member
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 197
Last Online: 05-06-2018 02:44 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill - Managing Publisher View Post
HG1,

Sorry for the late congratulations on your somewhat recent hair transplant. I believe you said you are 6 weeks in? So I imagine you are still healing and most of your hair has shed? If you have recent pictures, we'd love to see them, especially multiple angles of the scalp, including the donor area. Dr. Erdogan is outstanding, so I trust you will be very happy.

Best wishes,

Bill
Hi Bill,
Nice to hear from you. I'm 8 weeks post Op on Friday. Will post a full update then, complete with pictures. Yes, you are correct, all the hair has gone. Lost most in the first month. I have healed very well and so pleased with things so far. The donor area looks amazing considering how many grafts were taken (5124). Just in the 'ugly duckling ' stage, but in another 8 weeks, I should hopefully see some serious growth.
Take care.
__________________
5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak


http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ransplant.html
Reply With Quote
  #66   Top  
Old 12-19-2017, 01:28 PM
HG1's Avatar
HG1 HG1 is offline
Senior Member
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 197
Last Online: 05-06-2018 02:44 AM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammerz View Post
Hi HG1, how did you find traveling back to UK, was you allowed to cover your head in any way? Would you recommend travelling home the day after surgery or rest in hotel for 5days or another amount of days?

Thanks for posting the daily updates for first 7 days it’s helped me expect what’s to come in the days after surgery. I hope to get a great result after surgery like yourself I find your posts very informative
Hi Jammerz,
Glad you have found my ramblings helpful
I stupidly thought I could wear a 'hoody' on my return journey . Asmed advised that was a strict no no. Personally I would leave as soon as possible, as I think recovery is better at home. Remember staying at the hotel, will still leave you in full view of other guests and staff when eating, waiting, leaving and entering the hotel. The Alaturk airport is no problem, no one will give you a second look hardly. I saw many others in the Post Op state. Once you get to your home airport grab a taxi or arrange someone to pick you up. I was going to park up at my local airport but used the train instead, a mistake on my part. Other benefit of staying the minimum time, is you can just take carry on luggage. That saves hanging about at your local airport, probably the time when you would potentially get most attention. Forget any headwear, it risks damaging the grafts - dark glasses and a who gives a fook atitude is all that's needed
__________________
5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak


http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ransplant.html
Reply With Quote
  #67   Top  
Old 12-22-2017, 11:38 AM
HG1's Avatar
HG1 HG1 is offline
Senior Member
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 197
Last Online: 05-06-2018 02:44 AM
Default 8 week post Op update.

Hey guys,
Hope your all well and ready for the man in the big red coat!
Anyway, its 8 weeks since my procedure. The time has flown, similar to my transplanted hair In deep ugly ducking territory now. The good news is that I have a few sprouts of hair in previously bald areas, which are visible on the photos below and also some black spots, which I haven't noticed before and are only visible on the blown up pictures. There are lots of really thin colourless hairs, which are not visible on the pics. The scalp pinkness is still evident, looks worse in the pics. Numbness has improved, and I would say is 80% back to normal in the hairline vertex area. The crown area is fully recovered. Still getting a few spots, but these have improved in the last few weeks. I would say I'm more or less back to where I started pre Op, maybe some shockloss still to grow in. Hopefully after the next 8 week period, things should have ramped up and I should see some real difference. I have been keeping my hair short to blend in, only using scissors on the transplanted area (as per Asmed's instructions).
Would appreciate any comments good or bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0798.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	115930   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0799.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	115931   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0800.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	115932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3349.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	115933   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3348.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	115934  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3350.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	115935  
__________________
5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak


http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ransplant.html
Reply With Quote
  #68   Top  
Old 12-28-2017, 06:33 AM
HG1's Avatar
HG1 HG1 is offline
Senior Member
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 197
Last Online: 05-06-2018 02:44 AM
Default Some feedback please guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG1 View Post
Hey guys,
Hope your all well and ready for the man in the big red coat!
Anyway, its 8 weeks since my procedure. The time has flown, similar to my transplanted hair In deep ugly ducking territory now. The good news is that I have a few sprouts of hair in previously bald areas, which are visible on the photos below and also some black spots, which I haven't noticed before and are only visible on the blown up pictures. There are lots of really thin colourless hairs, which are not visible on the pics. The scalp pinkness is still evident, looks worse in the pics. Numbness has improved, and I would say is 80% back to normal in the hairline vertex area. The crown area is fully recovered. Still getting a few spots, but these have improved in the last few weeks. I would say I'm more or less back to where I started pre Op, maybe some shockloss still to grow in. Hopefully after the next 8 week period, things should have ramped up and I should see some real difference. I have been keeping my hair short to blend in, only using scissors on the transplanted area (as per Asmed's instructions).
Would appreciate any comments good or bad.
Would really appreciate some thoughts, opinions or any other feedback guys.
__________________
5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak


http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ransplant.html
Reply With Quote
  #69   Top  
Old 12-28-2017, 07:59 AM
Gasthoerer's Avatar
Senior Member
Mentor Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 430
Last Online: Yesterday 05:12 PM
Default

Not much to discuss. You just have to weather it out...

I wish you the best.
Reply With Quote
  #70   Top  
Old 12-28-2017, 12:17 PM
forgotpassword's Avatar
Senior Member
Hard Core Real Hair Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 129
Last Online: 03-14-2018 03:22 PM
Default

Early on; stay positive and try to be a 'patient' patient
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.